Volunteering with a local Citizens Advice is a great way to pick up skills, make friends and feel part of an enthusiastic team. And it’s not just worthwhile; volunteering can also be fantastic fun and hugely rewarding. There are over 21,500 volunteers in the Citizens Advice service nationally but we still need new volunteers every year to help us meet the growing demand for advice.
Here’s what some of our volunteers say about working with us:
“Volunteering at Citizens Advice gives you the opportunity to gain wider social knowledge & valuable people skills.I volunteered to give, but realised I actually gained”.
“Bringing out the best in yourself by helping someone through what may be the most difficult day in their life: the reward is greater than any payment”.
Voices of our volunteers
We are looking for skilled and passionate people to join our team of volunteers in the following roles:
- Receptionist (Receptionist role description)
- Advice Assistant (Advice Assistant role)
- Adviser (Adviser role description)
- IT Co-ordinator (IT Co-ordinator role description)
- Fundraising Assistant (Fundraising Assistant role description)
- Community Engagement Assistant (Community Engagement Assistant role description)
- Research and Campaigns Assistant (Research and Campaigns Assistant role description)
- Design and Publicity Assistant (Design and Publicity Assistant role description)
- Digital Media Assistant (Digital Media Assistant role description)
We provide training and cover expenses. If you would like to apply please email email@example.com either:
- a volunteer application form and diversity monitoring form, or
- a CV and covering letter indicating the role you are interested in alongside a diversity monitoring form
For further information please contact Karen at training
Please read our Privacy Notice for applicants
We look forward to hearing from you!